Friday, March 18, 2011

9 to 5, spring break, and more!



Cory started a new shift this week! He works from 9-5, Monday through Friday! This may not seem like a big deal, but it really is. He has not had a normal schedule like this in the entire (almost) 12 years we have been married. I am pretty flipping excited about it!!!! If you have seen me in person, you are probably tired of hearing me go on and on and on about it!

Jack and Harry are on Spring Break this week, so we took a rocking trip to Carlinville for the dentist. I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing footage of it on MTV's Spring Break coverage. On the plus side, Jack did awesome at the dentist, and we were able to meet sweet baby Madeleine (my niece/the kids' newest cousin) for the first time! She's so tiny and perfect!

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day with friends at a House Party. It was for a new Philly cream cheese product. If you don't know about House Party, you should definitely sign up! You can apply for all sorts of FREE parties for different products. They send you a ton of free stuff. The weather was wonderful, and the kids loved playing outside with their friends. They were excited that some leprechauns stopped by while they were sleeping, leaving a trail of shamrocks that lead to a rainbow with a pot of gold!

Also this week, I finally sent in our paperwork to join our local farm co-op. I have been wanting to join the past few years, but have always been too late to get a slot! We are splitting a share with friends, which makes it pretty affordable. It will be so nice to get farm fresh, locally and sustainably grown produce once a week from May until October! The farm we joined is Embarras Valley Farm. I am aquainted with the family that owns it, and their son is in Jack's class, which I think is pretty cool!

Last, but not least, Addie turned 11 months old this week! How is my baby growing up so fast? At least now, it is more socially acceptable for me to be obsessing over her birthday party planning. I won't have to hide it at the risk of seeming crazy like I do when planning it 6 months in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...